Visiting The United States – What Visas Should I Be Looking At?


One of the challenges of visiting the USA is obtaining permission to enter the country. A B-1 visa and a B-2 visa are both non-immigrant visas for temporary visitors to the U.S., but they serve different purposes and have distinct eligibility criteria and limitations. Here is a chart that outlines the key similarities and differences between the two visa types:

It’s essential to note that the B-1 and B-2 visas are distinct, but some travellers may be eligible for a B-1/B-2 combination visa if they plan to engage in both business and tourism activities during their visit to the U.S. If both are appropriate, they should ask to be granted B-1/B-2 entry. It is important to note that Canadians are visa exempt, so they can apply to enter the U.S. right at the border or at an airport U.S. Customs and Border Protection preclearance kiosk and do not need to apply at a U.S. Consulate or Embassy.

Periods of Authorized Stay

Once a visitor has entered the United States, to determine his or her duration of authorized stay, a traveler can check the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (USCBP) I-94 website. Sometimes, visitors simply do not know they have been issued an electronic I-94 report, or they might just assume that they have been admitted for six months because that is the normal practice, so they do not check the USCBP website to verify their period of admission. But that is not wise. It is better to check your period of authorized stay after being admitted. That way you can be certain when you must leave or perhaps apply to extend the visit.

Consider Obtaining A Nexus


Source link

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.